Direct Sourcing Solutions is a fast-growing Kiwi-owned global outsourcing company established in Hong Kong, with other offices in Clark, Philippines and Arrowtown, New Zealand.
Our company is looking for a Wordpress Developer and your primary role is researching, designing, implementing and managing code (Wordpress). You will also be tasked in testing and evaluating new websites/ webapps as well as identifying areas for modification in existing wordpress sites and subsequently developing these modifications.
Ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, resourceful and have the eye for the design. He/she must be able to work for our clients collaboratively and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building websites/ webapps in line with UI design mocks with pixel perfection
- Advising on Development process, including best practice and how to reduce development complexity and minimize maintenence workloads.
- Testing and evaluating new sites
- Identifying areas for modification in existing sites and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Following and improving quality assurance procedures
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts and in cross functional environment
- Work within the SCRUM/ Agile framework
- Develop high quality code within timeframes and requirements
- Effectively achieve results in highly ambiguous and changing environments
- Contributes to and document application architecture, analysis, specifications and release notes;
- Coordinates with the PM, QA, BA and other IT Teams. Coordinates with Users whenever necessary;
- Provides technology estimates and makes sure that work is completed within the estimated time;
- Makes sure that quality of work is very satisfactory within a given deadline;
- Investigates and recommends solutions for technical issues as assigned / requested;
- Shares technical knowledge to junior developers;
- Recommends solutions on how the company can best exploit new technologies beneficial to the business;
- Atleast 3 years of total work experience as a UI/Wordpress Developer
- With minimum 2 years professional experience using PHP & Wordpress
- Experience integrating plugins, managing web push
- Experience with scrum/ agile development.
- Initiative, independent and able to work under pressure
- Fluent spoken and written English