DSS is looking for a Front-End Developer specializing in Magento. Candidate must have working knowledge in using this open source platform and has proficiency in using PHP as well. Ideal candidate will do researching, designing, implementing and managing code, as well as testing and evaluating new websites/ webapps. His responsibilities also include Identifying areas for modification in existing code and subsequently developing these modifications for systems.
We take pride in our interdisciplinary approach in crafting functional, and engaging solutions that deliver results, hence our commitment to working with passionate individuals who are dedicated to delivering quality outputs to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building websites/ webapps in line with UI design mocks with pixel perfection
- Advising on Development process, including best practice and how to reduce development complexity and minimize maintenance workloads.
- Testing and evaluating new sites
- Identifying areas for modification in existing sites and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Following and improving quality assurance procedures
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts and in cross functional environment
- Work within the SCRUM/ Agile framework
- Develop high quality code within timeframes and requirements
- Effectively achieve results in highly ambiguous and changing environments
- Contributes to and document application architecture, analysis, specifications and release notes;
- Coordinates with the PM, QA, BA and other IT Teams. Coordinates with Users whenever necessary;
- Provides technology estimates and makes sure that work is completed within the estimated time;
- Makes sure that quality of work is very satisfactory within a given deadline;
- Investigates and recommends solutions for technical issues as assigned / requested;
- Shares technical knowledge to junior developers;
- Recommends solutions on how the company can best exploit new technologies beneficial to the business;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Software Developer in the IT Industry
- With minimum 2 years professional experience using PHP & Magento
- Experience integrating plugins, managing web push
- Experience with scrum/ agile development.
- Initiative, independent and able to work under pressure
- Fluent spoken and written English