The Head of IT Data Management service scope covers the domains of Database system, Business Intelligence & Compensation system management. The aims are to provide robust & scalable database platform for business operations; an effective Information system for information collaboration and an accurate, scalable & dynamic MLM Compensation system to sustain the competitive edge of business model and to support the development of new opportunities.
- Collect the business requirement from the business users, drive and coordinate with various departments and parties to complete Compensation Plan, Business Intelligence & Database projects.
- Rollout the project plan to support business strategies and goals.
- Communicate with senior management to update the project status and collect the feedback
- Ensure the project is documented and communicated to the project stakeholders on a timely basis
- Obtain sign-off for the project management plan and other documents if needed
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the development and deployment of Compensation applications, Business Intelligence and Database system.
- Identify and resolve compensation plan & commission payout issues with the help of compensation plan team.
- Identify and resolve database system issues with the help of database administrator team
- Supervise business analysts, BI specialist & programmers to work on software/BI development projects.
- Supervise database administrator to carry out maintenance, deployment, performance tuning & auditing activities.
- Provide support to weekly commission run operation.
Management of External Vendors/Service Providers
- Responsible to develop new partner relationships with external vendors/service providers, including sourcing, partner selection, bid analysis, training, on boarding and transition.
- Key driver for preparation and negotiation of regional contracts and agreements.
- Manages multiple projects through implementation and ensures sustainability within given constraints of time, budget and quality.
General Management of Information Management section
- Review business requirements for projects and offer solutions to business needs and identifies operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues by suggesting alternative solutions.
- Supervise and mentor local IT and outsourcing resources under Information Management section
- Monitor project executions and make sure that it is always within scope, time and cost.
- Report project delay when present and provide solution on how to prevent
- Provide feedback of the team regarding individual performance on a timely manner.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or related disciplines is an advantage
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 8 years of complete project lifecycle experience with at least 1 major database system infrastructure setup or migration projects completed.
- Strong understanding of OLTP & data warehouse management, Qlikview experience will be a plus.
- Strong understanding of MLM compensation model
- Proven experience in managing software development life cycle of MLM compensation system
- Experience on delivering BI and information collaborative solution
- Experience in managing supplier/agencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Business trip may be required for the purpose of visiting other offices and offsite software vendors and system development companies.