DSS is looking for a Development Manager who has the essential skills to work with some of the industry's brightest and talented IT professionals. This role requires leadership skills, strong business acumen, and expertise in collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver outputs based on requirements. Must have technical know-how in Project Development Lifecycle and Project Management experience using OOP or software principles.
Ideal candidate will lead development projects which includes planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle including working closely with the department’s Project Managers, coordinating with business analysts, architects and developers. Working closely with other team leaders to ensure the structured and coordinated planning of the team’s development.
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
- Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Development Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Development Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Technology or its equivalent;
- At least Ten (10) years programming experience in mobile, web, or desktop applications and design using but not limited to IOS, Android, Blackberry, Web, Microsoft products/frameworks, and other application development Libraries; SQL and other database framework.
- At least five (5) year experience in leading a team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Object-Oriented programming and methodologies;
- With experience with Interface Patterns: MVP or MVC, not required but preferred;
- Experience in Project Development Lifecycle and Team-Based Development;
- Experience with Payment Gateways, e-Commerce, Insurance or Financial Systems (not required but is preferable)
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Fluency in written and spoken English; additional Asian business languages a plus;
- Ability to effectively achieve results in highly ambiguous and changing environments;
- Ability to work well in cross-functional team environments, build and maintain excellent relationships with cross-functional teams;
- Good Analytical thinking
- Good in people management.
- Process oriented
- With technical or management certification